The sand worms from Dune gobbled up another $3.9 million at the box office this week, bringing the sci-fi blockbuster’s total Australian earnings to $6.45 million.
Meanwhile Tom Hardy and his maniacal, oily black alter ego in Venom: Let There Be Carnage came runners-up, grossing $3.26 million (bringing its cumulative total to $11.61 million). Bond, James Bond came third, with No Time to Die taking $2.56 million (bringing its cumulative total to $30.19 million).
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, December 9 – December 15.
1. Dune (Warner Bros.) $3,883,387
2. Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Sony) $2,003,374
3. No Time to Die (Universal) $1,981,184
4. Encanto (Disney) $1,700,217
5. The Boss Baby: Family Business (Universal) $730,218
6. The French Dispatch (Disney) $676,629
7. Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (Sony) $364,190
8. A Boy Called Christmas (Studiocanal) $332,025
9. Dear Evan Hansen (Universal) $331,001
10. Eternals (Disney) $234,252
* Source: our good pals at