Still doing whatever a Spider can, Marvel’s No Way Home has crawled into Australian cinema history: with a cumulative total of almost $62 million in its third week of release, the film is the 6th highest grossing movie ever (and our third highest grossing Marvel movie behind Endgame and Infinity War).
Ghostbusters and Gucci also performed well in their opening weeks, not raking in quite as much as the family-friendly Sing 2 in its second week of release.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, December 30 – Jan 6
1. Spider-Man: No Way Home (Sony) $9,677,776
2. Sing 2 (Universal) $4,279,857
3. Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Sony) $4,253,277
4. House of Gucci (Universal) $2,818,720
5. The Matrix Resurrections (Warner Bros) $2,247,633
6. Clifford the Big Red Dog (Paramount) $1,533,584
7. West Side Story (Disney) $968,023
8. Dune (Warner Bros.) $785,433
9. No Time to Die (Universal) $687,972
10. ’83 (Mindblowing) $320,780
* Source: our good pals at