Glass opened to an unbreakable start, grossing $3.34 million. Meanwhile How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World was anything but hidden in its third weekend at the second spot, collecting $2.17 million. The Australian film Storm Boy opened in seventh place, with $1.2 million.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, January 17 to January 20.
1. Glass (Walt Disney) $3,343,805
2. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Universal) $2,168,787
3. Instant Family (Paramount) $2,064,516
4. Aquaman (Warner Bros.) $2,023,205
5. Mary Poppins Returns (Disney) $1,630,499
6. Mary Queen of Scots (Universal) $1,228,516
7. Storm Boy (Sony) $1,214,027
8. Bohemian Rhapsody (Fox) $1,095,311
9. Ralph Breaks the Internet (Disney) $1,071,470
10. The Kid Who Would Be King (Fox) $629,626
Source: Numero. * Estimated figures as at 11:40 AM 21/01/19. For official box-office chart, contact MPDAA