Despite its ridiculous and long-winded title, Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) has given the Australian box office a right royal beating. The sassy superhero movie has rocketed to the top of the charts, grossing $4.8 million in its opening week in local cinemas.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, February 6 to February 12.
1. Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Warner Bros.) $4,797,982
2. 1917 (Universal) $2,099,898
3. Bad Boys for Life (Sony) $$1,546,801
4. André Rieu: 70 Years Young (Piece of Magic Entertainment) $1,233,700)
5. Midway (Roadshow) $1,035,428
6. Dolittle (Universal) $779,838
7. The Gentlemen (Roadshow) $661,737
8. Bombshell (Studiocanal) $647,107
9. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (Sony) $637,739
10. Little Women (Sony) $621,798
* Estimated figures as at 12:09 PM 13/02/20. For official box-office chart, contact MPDAA