Aussie cinemagoers feel the need…the need for a new franchise hit to speed up the top of the nation’s box office. Top Gun: Maverick has racked up a total of $19.74 million over its first weekend and week! That’s a bigger opening than current number two Doctor Strange 2, which still earned a nice $1.93 million this week.
Downton Abbey: A New Era and How To Please A Woman are still keeping audiences pleased, earning $455k and $400k this week respectively. And Australian animation fans must be hungry for what The Bob’s Burgers Movie is serving up, buying half a million dollars in tickets since its release.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, May 26—June 2.
1. Top Gun: Maverick (Paramount) $18,395,268
2. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Disney) $1,933,663
3. Downton Abbey: A New Era (Universal) $454,764
4. The Bob’s Burgers Movie (Walt Disney) $433,829
5. How to Please a Woman (Madman) $400,350
6. Everything Everywhere All at Once (Roadshow) $372,381
7. The Bad Guys (Universal) $281,112
8. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Paramount) $255,034
9. The Lost City (Paramount) $253, 972
10. Operation Mincemeat (Transmission) $241,611
thanks to our friends at