Maverick speeds up and overtakes Marvel’s Doctor Strange, now at a cumulative total of almost $50 million. But it’s no use: the dinosaurs of Jurassic World Dominion have stomped their way to the top of the box office in their opening week, earning $16.04 million.
The Bad Guys is a stayer in its 11th week, now at a cumulative total of almost $16 million. The bottom half of Australia’s box office top 10 stayed relatively stable, too, with new viewers enjoying local films like How To Please A Woman and The Drover’s Wife: The Legend of Molly Johnson over the long weekend.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, June 9—June 16.
1. Jurassic World: Dominion (Universal) $16,040,678
2. Top Gun: Maverick (Paramount) $12,821,577
3. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Disney) $766,354
4. The Bad Guys (Universal) $358,426
5. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Paramount) $282, 853
6. Everything Everywhere All at Once (Roadshow) $255,745
7. Downton Abbey: A New Era (Universal) $233,865
8. How to Please a Woman (Madman) $217,554
9. The Drover’s Wife: The Legend of Molly Johnson (Roadshow) $207,843
10. Vikram (Southern Star) $195,264
thanks to our friends at