With Victorian cinemas still in lockdown, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has held onto the top spot for its seventh week straight. The MCU blockbuster took $1.83 million (up from last week’s $1.15 million, due to Sydney cinemas reopening), which accounted for 40% of the national weekly cumulative total.
Honsla Rakh came second, pocketing $348k, and Free Guy (which is also available on digital release) came third, taking $345k.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, October 14 – October 20.
1. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Disney) $1,829,478
2. Honsla Rakh (White Hill) $348,711
3. Free Guy (Disney) $345,521
4. Paw Patrol: The Movie (Paramount) $248,686
5. The Suicide Squad (Warner Bros.) $174,409
6. Jungle Cruise (Disney) $150,132
7. Space Jam: A New Legacy (Warner Bros.) $139,539
8. Respect (Universal) $127,902
9. Ainbo: Amazon Princess (Rialto) $96,169
10. Nitram (Madman) $74,935
* Source: our good pals at