Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi epic Dune has taken a big bite out of the Australian box office, gobbling up $6.44 million in its opening week.
Venom: Let There Be Carnage landed in second place with $3.26 million (bringing its cumulative total to $11.61 million) and No Time to Die came third (bringing its cumulative total past the $30 million mark).
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, December 2 – December 8.
1. Dune (Warner Bros.) $6,444,057
2. Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Sony) $3,260,631
3. No Time to Die (Universal) $2,564,554
4. Encanto (Disney) $1,655,028
5. The Boss Baby: Family Business (Universal) $758,369
6. Christmas with André (Piece of Magic Entertainment) $510,068
7. Eternals (Disney) $449,324
8. A Boy Called Christmas (StudioCanal) $288,725
9. Akhanda (Tolly Movies) $223,534
10. Marakkar: Arabikkadalinte Simham (Southern Star) $198.902
* Source: our good pals at